Saturday, October 1, 2011

Roberto Luongo 2011-12 Mask

Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks (born April 4, 1979 in Montreal, QC.)

Artist: Marlene Ross

From InGoal Magazine:
I wanted to bring a bit of everything that I’ve had since I’ve been here, the Johnny Canuck back on the top and a vintage look,” Luongo said of the decision to leave his new lid, which features “Canucks” on the left side and “Vancouver” on the right with a matte finish, rather than the usual high gloss, an idea he credits to his brother in law.








Retro mask to be worn with 3rd jerseys, unveiled in late December:




Luongo started wearing these new pads in December.

6 comments:

  1. No this looks like a new one ..

    here's his from last year
    http://www.goaliesarchive.com/canucks/luongo.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. CORRECTION.

    this is actually technically not a new mask, because he has worn it last year. He worn it against montreal last year but it was the only time he had this mask on. His new mask has yet to come, unless he is going to wear this mask for the rest of the season. On the canucks Facebook page it announced that this was a mask that he would be wearing for a preseason game. It did not say anything about it being a new mask. So his new mask is still unknown.

    - Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read a comment on the preseason pic that this is his temporary mask as new one is in to works. keep up the great work i love looking at this fabulous collection of goalie masks :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much, J-Wingz!! I really do appreciate feedback from readers. Makes me feel like I'm not just talking to myself here. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has new pads, their green, their on the goalie guild website. Just letting you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I actually have the photos saved on my computer at home, but I haven't had a chance to edit the post. I'll try to do that tonight. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete