Saturday, December 17, 2011

Leland Irving 2011-12 Mask

Leland Irving of the Calgary Flames (born April 11, 1988 in Barrhead, AB.)

Irving made his NHL debut on December 16, 2011 against the Florida Panthers. Henrik Karlsson has been sidelined with a knee injury, and Miikka Kiprusoff was given a rest. I happened to watch the game, because the Flames were playing the Panthers, and Irving did great! I was proud of him, even if it was against my team. He stopped 39 of 41 shots, and even stopped a shot in the shootout. He was 3rd star of the game.

Artist: David Gunnarsson

"Among the details I also painted a sky on the side with a bomber plane flying, that is a tribute to Leland´s uncle who passed away this summer."










Courtesy of The Goalie Guild

2 comments:

  1. pretty sweet mask! thanks for posting the pics, I was wanting a closer look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete